The dinner was delicious, the company excellent, and the conversation engaging. New things learnt in no particular order:
- Health tourism is a multi billion dollar business and some private hospitals in Bangkok serve up to a million patients every year.
- Allergy to peanuts can run in the family.
- Bruneians eat some of the freshest fish in the region.
- A natural cure for gout is pandan leaves boiled in water and drunk 3 times a day for 2 weeks minimum.
- The government of Thailand has banned people from giving cigarettes to monks as part of their alms.
- The Lexus LS460 has 4-wheel steering which helps in parking the behemoth.