≡ Menu

Big sigh of relief…

When da missus decided to give Yoga a try last week, I had to opportunity to sit in on (and photograph hehe) a beginners’ Yoga session conducted by this wonderful woman.

It was different from the open air sessions as the acoustics in the studio meant you could hear her soothing voice very clearly. The woman has an uncanny ability to sooth and calm a restless mind and by the end of the session, even I felt somewhat relaxed!

Went for a colonoscopy for the first time in my life today. The procedure involves inserting a tube with a video camera on the tip, into one’s nether regions, and having a look around to find any unusual growths or ulcers in the colon.

The process starts the day before with two doses of mild laxatives that have you parked on the loo for hours. This is necessary of course to ensure a clear picture when they go in. Before the procedure, a sedative is administered that puts you in the twilight zone.

You can still feel the tube going in and its not so bad… BUT as it reaches the transverse colon towards the descending colon, it feels like you just got punched in the gut! OOOOF!

Anyway, after the brief procedure, it was a big relief to learn that my colon is clear. I will sleep well tonight…

• Aku April 19, 2007, 12:11 pm

cam kenal lelaki sorang atu…hahahha

• Katie-Ella April 19, 2007, 9:33 pm

Too much information!

• Reeda April 19, 2007, 10:46 pm

Aku: bukan lagi macam hehe… memang kenal! 😛

katie-ella: I was contemplating posting pics of my colon, but I think that would be WAY too much info! Well, until one has to go through the same procedure of course! Heheh!

• ber April 20, 2007, 12:11 am

Aku, macam kenal kah?????

• JPG April 20, 2007, 6:09 am

Not going to comment on the colon experience. But definitely Danura’s voice is indeed soothing and reassuring. Her class is great and many of us enjoyed every moment of it!. I like it when she reassured us that some of the difficult yoga poses represent the challenges in our life that we must go through and excel!

• Sleepless April 20, 2007, 12:17 pm

What a good boy you are..checking out your colon. better safe than sorry. good to hear that everything’s ok. 🙂

• UcingItam April 20, 2007, 12:46 pm

that guy, memang kenal. Confirm! hehe

• KantaLensa April 20, 2007, 2:55 pm

simply reading this already give me the ouch… ngilu bro.

• SoulJah April 20, 2007, 5:46 pm

Better for it to go down… rather than going up through the…

Um… nvm…

Anyway that looks like an awesome yoga session. Bringing a reflective umbrella into that confined environment would net good results, alongside other strobes helping to carve out the yoga practicioner’s shapes.

• Lizzy April 21, 2007, 1:35 pm

hey, i cant help but notice uve got good shots. I’m trying out..well sorta wanna learn , any advice. oni have a crappy digital camera with me now.

Liz

• Reeda April 22, 2007, 8:10 am

souljah: in a colonoscopy, the tube DOES come up from behind! Hehehe! I agree with you on the umbrella & strobes, but I dont think the yogis and yoginis would appreciate that though heheh.. very distracting

lizzy: thank you for your kind words. sorta wanna eh? well, u are more than welcome to join us at Jing Chew usually on Friday mornings where we “talk tech”… can learn a lot heheh