≑ Menu

Out of Thin Air

I was gonna bring one home, but it didnt fit in my shirt pocket… snapped by da gangsta

IMG_8897-1

AV Electronics Sdn Bhd (AVE) yesterday unveiled the Apple MacBook Air, the world’s thinnest notebook. It will be available to the general public at AVE showroom in Kiulap this afternoon from 3pm onwards, so head on down to see this AMAZING new toy from Apple for yourself!

IMG_8869

MacBook Air measures an unprecedented 0.16 inches at its thinnest point!
Check out how thin it really is compared to a fifty cent coin!

IMG_8926

The MacBook Air has a stunning 13.3 inch LED backlit widescreen display, a full-size and backlit keyboard, a built-in iSight video camera, and a spacious trackpad with multi-touch gestures much like the iPhone which I tested last year.

IMG_8876

IMG_8889

The MacBook Air delivers up to five hours of battery life for wireless productivity and includes Airport Extreme 802.11n WiFi networking, which means up to 5 times the speed and twice the range of the current 802.11g standard!

IMG_8907

Even the box is hella sexy!

IMG_8910

The MacBook Air fits inside a MacBook Pro heheh!

IMG_8919

"You have to see the device for yourself in order to appreciate how thin and yet sturdy it is. It is very seductive and will be highly desirable, especially amongst business executives, where image is everything." – Hj Yusoff Soffian, AVE Marketing Manager

• Al February 19, 2008, 6:33 am

Amazing…

Steve Jobs and Co has done it again. Out for world domination.

You should have worn a shirt with a bigger pocket. LoL.

• Mac Lover February 19, 2008, 9:49 am

Oh my god!! What a sexy notebook! Ya you should have worn a shirt with bigger pockets AB!

• SoulJah February 19, 2008, 3:09 pm

Wow. How is that even possible?? What is the weight of it?? It looks light as a feather, like a piece of paper. Geez.

• Zul February 19, 2008, 6:58 pm

It’s all lies !!! It’s not real, I tell you. It’s a figment of your imagination, lies, LIES !!!!

Hahah, banar kah inda tu, isuk ku k AV, kan check it out … πŸ˜›

• Abby February 19, 2008, 9:30 pm

Anak Brunei I really LIKE THIS NEW notebook. /faints. and heys, i love your 1st picture, its so cute hehe. anyways good review here! πŸ˜‰

x

• anakbrunei February 20, 2008, 8:10 am

Al: Yeah the folks at Apple have done it again! I’m still waiting for the Apple dSLR to come out πŸ˜‰

Mac Lover: Sexy is the right word! I’m having a shirt custom made with a front pocket the size of the MacBook Air heheh!

SoulJah: It’s witchcraft I tell ya!!!

Zul: So did u go to AV and check it out for yrself? When’s the Acer challenger coming out? heheh!

Abby: Ya I REALLY like it too! Heheh! Thank you very much πŸ˜€

• RF February 20, 2008, 4:21 pm

Wow… cool notebook…. however, I think I stick with Window machine for a while….

• ivfdad February 20, 2008, 4:51 pm

Cupertino Rocks! But then so does Mountain View, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, etc. The technology oozing out of that area is simply phenomenal over the last decade. As you may know that area holds a special place in my heart for more than one reason now.

Enjoy reading your postings.

• anakbrunei February 20, 2008, 8:06 pm

RF: you cannot resist… you cannot resist… hahahah

ivfdad: hi there buddy! yeah california will definitely be special for you indeed heheh.. how is charlene doing over there?

• moglie February 20, 2008, 9:46 pm

oh gosh … that’s a “machine”piece … droolzzzz …

• ivfdad February 20, 2008, 9:48 pm

Hi AB matey, she is doing well and getting a great education that keeps her very busy. Btw, check out a book published end of last year entitled “Young Southeast Asia” to commemorate 40th anniversary of ASEAN. Book not yet available in Brunei the last time I looked. I bought a copy from Singapore recently. Keep up the good work!

• Bruneian February 21, 2008, 12:19 am

RF .. “useless” … hahahha

• Baby Gurl February 21, 2008, 7:57 pm

Adorable and sexy mexy notebook.. I luv to have one =)
    Bak me sepuluh!!!

• Zul February 22, 2008, 12:22 am

Checked it out, it was *ONLY* light. Disappointing πŸ™

• anakbrunei February 22, 2008, 11:20 am

Zul: ya. but I STILL want one… Like a moth to a flame… Burned by the fire… heheh ok that was random

• Bruneian February 22, 2008, 12:30 pm

Alright folks..

Mac Book Air coming to papa soon~ Waiting for AV to prepare mine :p

• Zul February 22, 2008, 1:27 pm

Bruneian: Banar deh, you getting one ? Jgn !!! Waste of moneyyyyy !!!! Heheheh πŸ˜› πŸ˜€ Hahah

• JS February 22, 2008, 2:25 pm

For the same price of the Mac Book $1800, i got me a 56inch LCD but had to line up for 1.5day. Got it wired to my sat dish,desk top and home theater sys. It’s giving me tons of viewing pleasure.

• Bruneian February 22, 2008, 2:28 pm

Yes, BANAR~~ I am all hyper now..

And its FREE~ yes, its FREE πŸ™‚ .. dont have to pay a single cent for it *wink*

• anakbrunei February 22, 2008, 4:52 pm

Just saw the X300, IBM’s contender to the MacBook Air… its very, very nice… complete opposite design philosophy.

• Bruneian February 22, 2008, 8:19 pm

OSX = BSD based πŸ™‚ .. I will take BSD based OS over winblows anytime πŸ™‚

I’ve used X40 before and I quite like em. The build is quite tough but winblows spoilt em πŸ™