≑ Menu

AB goes walkabout – KK

BIG BIRTHDAY SHOUTOUT TO MR ROPIN OF MVISION CINEMAS!
Heppy Barfday bro! Semoga panjang umur dan murah rezeki…

————————————————-

I’m back from my very very short walkabout to KK. The primary objective of my trip was to capture a mixed marriage ceremony (Pakistani bride and Kadazan/Malay groom) which took place in a place called Limbanak about 15 minutes from Kota Kinabalu. The event was also covered by a camera crew from RTM for a cultural series which will be aired later this year. The heat was sweltering and by the time I was done, I was seriously looking forward to a looong dip in the condo pool πŸ˜€

IMG_0707

The road to Limbanak

IMG_0731-1

Had to make sure I remembered the spelling of the place somehow πŸ˜‰

IMG_0742-1

Lovely young ladies dressed in traditional Kadazan garb

IMG_0767

Mother of the groom and sister of the bride

IMG_0785-1

Senyum la ba… heheeh

IMG_0877

One of the customs involves the B&G feeding each other…. sound familiar?

IMG_0890

The B&G

IMG_0815

IMG_1007

IMG_1037

Gettin jiggy wit it! Doin da Semazau!

IMG_0772

The program host from RTM was sporting enough to sing for the guests πŸ™‚

IMG_1115

It was a sizzling hot day but the sunset was enough to cool anyone down….

IMG_1133

View from the condo of KK’s night life just awakening πŸ™‚

• lisadragon April 21, 2008, 10:32 am

Lovely photos AB! Interesting jua.. ah, I love mixed marriages, when I was in Miri, I got to know many Chindian families and siok lah liat them together…

• Jewelle Tan April 21, 2008, 11:14 am

Your saudara kah AB? The bride wore an interesting version of the baju Kadazan

• Zul April 21, 2008, 12:03 pm

Love the lovely young ladies … πŸ˜€

• anakbrunei April 21, 2008, 2:41 pm

lisadragon: thank you and I am fascinated by mixed marriages too, being a product of one myself πŸ˜‰

Jewelle: yup the bride is related to me. In what way is the baju interesting?

Zul: yes, you would πŸ˜›

• SyazliE April 23, 2008, 12:47 am

mula2 tingu..mcm sumandak… i mean.. kedazan dusun..lepas tu ada imbas mcm bajau kota belud… lepas tu lagi… muka the bride ada mcm pra sikit… pra ni pakistan lah…

• anakbrunei April 23, 2008, 8:21 am

SyazliE: eh, sia rasa kan, pra ni peranakan ba… Jewelle, betul ka?

• SyazliE April 23, 2008, 11:08 pm

aik… kalau we..in KK… the guys call each other “Pra Ji”

• Jewelle April 24, 2008, 11:07 am

AB, the way she wore the long sleeve blouse inside her baju kadazanlah. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone did that before. She could actually have it made into a long sleeve like the Papar style. Even I modified my wedding baju kadazan and had it made in a more demure short-sleeved, instead of the original sleeveless style.

By the way, it’s obviouslah that the bride is a Pakistani – no Kadazandusun or even Bajau face at all (in my eyes lah) – and they will have very beautiful children I can tell!

• anakbrunei April 24, 2008, 3:22 pm

Ya its an interesting variation of the original design πŸ™‚ Do u still have yr wedding baju? heheh

The bride is pure pakistani, the groom is half-kadazandusun half-malay πŸ™‚ and yes their off-spring will be gorgeous!