≑ Menu

KAYU?

Pics taken during a family dinner at the new Nasi Kandar joint in Beribi, Kayu Nasi Kandar. Kayu is a popular franchise in Malaysia and I’ve visitied some of their outlets in KL and PJ. The secret is in the “kuah campur” which makes the nasi so appetizing. Then of course there’s the lauk which is cooked penang-mamak style to complement the nasi. In a nutshell, its YUMZ. But cannot indulge too often lah… heheh

IMG_3952 IMG_3943

Left: The Boss checking out the menu
Right: Roti tissue… the first of several!

IMG_3947

Mouth-watering innit? It tastes as good as it looks!

IMG_3942

Table 13 for a party of 12

IMG_3945

Unusual pause in between mouthfuls

IMG_3944

Minum aing dulu chip!

IMG_3950

The aftermath!

• UcingItam July 10, 2008, 12:58 am

Yummy..I love Nasi Kandarr.. Where in Beribi is the restaurant located bro?

• anakbrunei July 10, 2008, 6:02 am

Its next to Maju Motors bro. Just before the Yamaha showroom. BFF gathering disana nanti! heheh!

• customer July 10, 2008, 7:34 am

Inda jauh Andaman bah… πŸ™‚

Healthy competition with andaman. I wonder if it opens early in the morning…

I want Curry Kambing…. ahhh sia sia pun

• HDM July 10, 2008, 8:25 am

YUP, i heard from THE BOSS & THE LADY BOSS, the food was fantastic, you should have shown the roti tisu (izzit?) berdiri … that will be more impressive … fit for a show and tell session.

• HSN July 10, 2008, 11:32 am

It was a full house when we were there and it took ages for our drinks to arrive…. I didn’t get to taste the Nasi Kandar, however I did taste the Roti Tissue *first time kaliah* and yup nyaman eh! But as AB said, “cannot indulge too often”

• Jessica Lee July 10, 2008, 11:34 am

Hahaha..i was abt to IM you to try there…i went there yesterday afternoon for lunch, the nasi brayani is yummy!…but dont try the bergedil…too meaty and dried…as for the kuah yg campurnya atu – good. It is better than the one in bunut, belakang petrol station bunut but in terms of pricing, bit pricy, just make sure dont choose the prawn, it is just flour coated baby prawn and it cost $1 satu

• CL July 10, 2008, 11:46 am

Man… reeds, i’m drooling…. but it’s so EVIL! hahaa

• SJ July 12, 2008, 6:49 pm

I was exhilirated to see Kayu in Brunei. I had a greeeaaat feast at Kayu in KL. Even made the chef pose in front of me with its feets long Roti Tissue. Cant wait to try out the joint in Beribi.

• JS July 12, 2008, 11:45 pm

In Kathmandu i used to frequent vegetarian restaurants. This type of dosai shaped like a cone is called paper dosai and was given the nick “Everest Dosai”. My other fav was “Pani Puri” and “Chat Masala”. I have never found them in Brunei.

• The Blueberry July 14, 2008, 6:38 pm

Nasik kandar? Ewhhh!!! Nak pengsan! Sebut je terus rasa macam arteri tersekat sekarang ni!

• anakbrunei July 14, 2008, 9:38 pm

HDM: roti nya nda mau bediri heheh…

HSN: awu selalunya panuh bah.. so have to be a bit patient heheh

Jess: bah bila tani lunch d sana? Tunggu u terima lah ah? Hehehe!

CL: this is beyond evil! be very afraid! hahaha

SJ: Wah u so “ging” ah until ask chef to pose for you some more! Have u tried the beribi joint oredi or not? If not, come la lets go together! πŸ˜›

JS: Pani puri and Chat Masala are available in Brunei… but you have to know a certain eye doctor in order to enjoy that cuisine kekekek

Blueberry: don’t remind me!!! πŸ˜›