≡ Menu

Its Mooncake Season!

Congratulations to local golfing hero Seruji Setia, who wrote a slice of golf history at the Brunei Open when he became the first local player to qualify for the weekend rounds at the US$300,000 Asian Tour event on Friday. The 39-year-old fired a commendable two-under-par 69 at Empire Hotel and Country Club to safely make the halfway cut with his two-day total of three-under-par 139 in the US$300,000 Asian Tour event. It was the first time since the Brunei Open’s inauguration in 2005 that a local player will feature in the weekend rounds.

decorative-lines-25_large

Dear friends,

It’s mooncake season again and as usual my mum has been busy making her ever popular mooncakes! Attached please find the list of different fillings available for this year. Feel free to email [email protected] or call 8779930 if you have any questions. Thanks in advance for your support!

IMG_0643

Yam and Lotus

IMG_0670

Red Bean with double yolk

IMG_0676

Mixed nuts

mooncakes

• CL August 22, 2008, 8:10 pm

*ahem* AB did you forget to mention email where? Save for me pleaseeeeee, one Lotus Double Egg Yolk with snow skin, to be collected after 2Sept08 :p

• anakbrunei August 23, 2008, 8:45 am

CL: tks for pointing that out! email added and yr order is confirmed! How’s it goin down unda??

• CL August 23, 2008, 10:40 am

*mmmm* I actually read your post last night when I was still homeeee…. I’m still transiting…. dah sampai Brisbane and waiting for my plane out to Cairns :p *woohOoooooOOoo* Sharks here I come!! *I’ll be thinking of that mooncake for the next 10 days or so though* darns… haha

• Zy August 23, 2008, 10:44 am

AB too bad, no original durian in the list of the mooncakes. =(. have to fly off to Singapore to get it.

• anakbrunei August 23, 2008, 11:48 am

CL: say hi to JAWS for me!

Zy: Bekiriiiiim!

• Jamy August 23, 2008, 1:00 pm

ERmm …Reeda, is your mum Chinese? How come she knows how to make mooncake?

Recently I tasted a coffee mooncake. Not bad.

• anakbrunei August 23, 2008, 2:00 pm

Jamy: yes my mum is chinese and she makes the best mooncakes in the whole wide world 🙂

• CL August 23, 2008, 6:11 pm

eeeeeee i don’t wanna see JAWS!!!!!! btw can you ask mummy if she knows how to make a mooncake birthday cake? haha serious i’m not kidding

• HDM August 25, 2008, 7:59 am

I’ve tried most of AB Mom’s moon cake, it truly is nyaaaaamaaaan nyaaaaamu, banar, banar, banar … gerenti ke HALALan and keBERSIHan nya … AB how about it, boleh di apply kan certificate ISO di mana-man kah? … BUY, BUY, BUY you wont regret it, personal fav, i like red bean with double yolk, the bakes ones.

This year ada mini mooncake of different variety in a gift box. TRY IT!

• CB August 28, 2008, 10:48 am

Hi. Just saw Foodie Tales’ post on a flaky mooncake from your mom. It’s not listed here. Was wondering how much that version with yam is? Or is it for private consumption only? Please don’t spoil our hopes and say yes :S

• anakbrunei August 28, 2008, 11:21 am

CB: The Teochew Mooncakes are a new item hence belum listed heheh! They come only with Yam filling and cost B$5.00 with yolk and B$4.50 without yolk. Look forward to your order! 😀

• Senor Pablo August 29, 2008, 6:28 pm

Wah! Itu moon cake ahh.. maaaanyaaaak seedap punya!! Wah lau eh!! 🙂

• hani September 9, 2008, 7:53 am

AB how to get it if we make an order?

• AB September 9, 2008, 11:41 am

Hi Hani! Orders are normally collected from my mum’s place. The address is sent to buyers together with confirmation of order 🙂

• CookieMonster September 10, 2008, 11:05 am

I am very interested in those tasty looking teochew mooncakes~

My goodness AB. Your mum makes me wanna be her apprentice and learn how to make desserts!