≑ Menu

Teochew Mooncakes

Teochew style mooncakes are different from the usual mooncakes that we are used to seeing in supermarkets and specialty shops. These mooncakes have a flaky skin which is similar to puff pastry. The filling is typically yam instead of the usual red-bean or lotus paste. Different as it may be from traditional mooncakes, E of Foodie Tales and Senor Pablo will agree, it simply ROCKS!

They cost B$5.00 with yolk and B$4.50 without. Fantastic little snack for breaking fast this ramadan. To order, call 8779930 or email [email protected]

IMG_2200

IMG_2204

IMG_2193

These are the deft pair of hands which magically produce wonderful gastronomic delights…

IMG_2190

Skilled hands with lines to tell they’ve been through a whole lot…

IMG_2194

Yes, these hands belong to my mother… the best mum in the whole wide world!
I love you mummy πŸ™‚

[/mp_span]

[/mp_row]

• Eleanor September 1, 2008, 1:07 am

Hello Ab – what a nice post πŸ™‚ and after looking at your pics, I am so glad I have placed an order for 6 pieces to be picked up later today. E.

• Annie September 1, 2008, 1:12 pm

Hi heard so much abt your mum’s mookcake and just collected 8 pcs of the Teochew Mooncake at noon. Going to have some this evening with a cup of green tea.

• CL September 1, 2008, 10:02 pm

*ahem* I want to reserve some too… btw…. I won’t be back til much later now :p after 9th Sept

• anakbrunei September 3, 2008, 2:14 pm

E: tks and thank you for your order πŸ™‚

Annie: How did you like yr mooncakes with your green tea?

CL: No problem your mooncakes will be ready after 9th Sept πŸ™‚ You must be having a WHALE of a time down unda!!

• CL September 3, 2008, 9:31 pm

wooHOoooo thanks AB… I’m looking forward to those yummy mooncakes which I’m missing out on at the moment… no whales, no sharks boohOOooo haha.. :p

• mei September 10, 2008, 1:08 pm

can i know when is the last day to accept the order?

• anakbrunei September 11, 2008, 12:05 pm

mei: actually, tomorrow is the last day for mooncake orders πŸ™‚ So u still can order if you’d like!