As part of the Brunei International Airport‘s terminal modernization project, the Brunei Economic Development Board (BEDB) and the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA), Ministry of Communications wish to inform the public that there will be a change in the traffic flow and passengers’ movement at the Brunei International Airport with effect from Wednesday, 29 May 2013.
The existing road leading to the departure hall will be closed for public access from 28 May 2013, 11:00pm onwards. This is to facilitate the construction of facilities for essential utilities such as power sub-station, water tank and distribution pipeworks for the new Arrival and Departure Terminal. In addition to this, renovation works are also taking place concurrently inside the terminal building such as the arrival and immigration halls as well as the departure lounge. The changes in the traffic flow and passengers’ movement are as follows:
- Departing vehicular traffic will be diverted from the existing departure roadway onto the new departure roadway (in front of the proposed new Arrival/Departure Terminal building)
- Coming down from their vehicles at the public drop-off area at the new departure roadway, departing passengers will reach existing departure check-in hall via a pedestrian tunnel from the new departure roadway kerbside.
- For self-drive departing passengers or meeters or greeters coming from P1 car park and P2 car park, lift and staircase (located at P1 car park arrival area) will be provided to ensure smooth transition to the public drop-off area at the new departure roadway before reaching into the existing departure check-in hall via the pedestrian tunnel. Passengers and meeters or greeters could also use the existing walkway to departure check-in hall via the temporary meeters & greeters hall, arrival hall and stairs as per existing movement flow.
- Only two (2) entrances leading into the P2 car park will be used with slight modification on the exit location. A small roundabout will be also introduced to facilitate vehicular movement between P1 and P2 car parks. One (1) entrance and one (1) exit of the P2 car park (located near the Brunei International Air Cargo Centre facility) will be closed to facilitate official movement and prevent congestion.
- Passenger flow for arriving passengers remains relatively unchanged.
BEDB and DCA would like to seek the public’s kind co-operation and understanding by observing all the rules and guidelines stated as well as follow directional signages that will be put up at the Brunei International Airport itself to ensure a smooth and easy transition. The Department of Civil Aviation and Brunei Economic Development Board would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Issued by Brunei Economic Development Board and the Department of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Communications.